Supra Q-10, 60 mg - 60 vegetable capsules
Coenzyme Q10 is a lipophilic electron carrier in the electron transport chain (respiration chain): it transfers electrons derived from the oxidation of nutrients in the Krebs cycle, between the NADH dehydrogenase (complex I) and succinate dehydrogenase (complex II), on the one hand, and ubiquinone hydrogenase (complex III), on the other, in the mitochondrial membrane. The energy released from the electron transport chain is used in the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate molecules (ATP), which are used to facilitate all biochemical and physiological processes.
Properties of Q10:
- Lipophilic electron carrier, responsible for 95% of the total energy production;
- CoQ10 – an important antioxidant that protects LDL against oxidation;
- Protection against arteriosclerosis;
- Neutralisation of toxic side effects in relation to many medicines used by elderly people;
- Protection against gum infections: studies have shown that CoQ10 supplements improve circulation in the gums, and that the ensuing higher CoQ10 levels in the gum tissue inhibit the formation of gum pockets and prevent teeth from loosening;
- Recommended for people using cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins). Statins inhibit the natural production of coenzyme Q10 in the body. (Information available on request);
- Alleviation of chronic fatigue.
Contains no preservatives, artificial colourings or flavourings, yeast, sugar, lactose, gluten, corn, soy, salt, starch, milk, or wheat. Hypo-allergenic.
Each plant-based capsule contains:
Coenzyme Q10 60 mg
Lecithin non-GMO (as an emulsifier for CoQ10) 150 mg
(derived from soy)
1 - 2 capsules a day (before breakfast), or as prescribed.